National Volunter Service 2 goes here ..
National Volunter Servie 1
National Volunter Servie 1 goes here…
Fund Raising basic, proposal, and report writing workshop
This is the page of general members only
SEVA (Service Enrichment for Volunteer Action)
SEVA is a volunteer mobilization program to encourage and invite as many international volunteers as possible to improve this situation, while they are experiencing the rich culture, natural splendor, and daily life of Nepal, one of the most beautiful countries in the world. SEVA is nothing but offering one’s skills through volunteerism, competence, knowledge, and resources full-heartedly for the purpose of others’ needs without any expectation of return. Traditionally, though, voluntary work is viewed as a selfless deed that is done for others’ good, today’s voluntary work is a little different and taken as helping others along with aiming to get something for their own. None of them are wrong because there is always an exchange of knowledge, skills, competence, and resources between two people, and hence this program is named SEVA which any volunteer with a good heart volunteers for good purpose.
- To mobilize volunteers for progress of the community through engagement of youths and adolescents.
- To increase the skill of volunteers and create awareness and sensitization through volunteer engagement in the sectors health, education, environment, human right, child rights, GBV, gender and mental /psychosocial issues.
- To promote volunteerism in the international and local communities
Outcome/Achievements of SEVA
SEVA program is a volunteer mobilization program of SOPAN, started to strive for excellence by helping marginalized people in Nepal and schools of rural communities to improve their sanitation, hygiene, and teaching approaches and orienting them with skill-oriented learning promoting volunteerism. Community outreach programs will continue to be implemented as the driving force behind our goal of empowerment, and with the help of youths studying social work.
Furthermore, as its major achievements SOPAN have been able to mobilize more than 200 national youth volunteers, involve them in community-building activities and earthquake recovery program i.e AAWAS Project which is being implemented to provide voluntary support and logistics support to build temporary shelters, learning shelters, and provide psychosocial support. Likewise, SOPAN has been involving international volunteers in different programs who are interested to volunteer with the organization in a leadership training program and youth exchange program of SOPAN organized at the different times The organization is giving access to volunteers mainly in following activities .
- Participation in Youth Leadership Program, seminar and workshop
- Volunteer in School
- Awareness program for youth/community/women and children on health, hygiene and sanitation
- Sanitation work Camp in School
- Teaching at School
- Volunteering during epidemic/pandemic
Building of Temporary Learning Center for Community School by SEVA Volunteer
Volunteers of SOPAN successfully build 3 temporary learning centers at Shree Kuwa Pani Devi primary School, Naubise VDC-5, Dhading Districts, Chandradaya Primary School, Kavre, and Balkumari Primary School at Lalitpur. The built school was handover after completion of reconstruction. All temporary learning centers were built in coordination and involvement of school authorities, volunteers political parties representatives, and local community peoples. In the reconstruction of this school, there were mobilized 30 volunteers of SOPAN.
The temporary learning centers were reconstructed by collecting available local materials in community and school, tin roof. Different individuals, students were supported by providing logistics materials, financial support, labor, and other required support during the reconstruction of those schools. This Learning center was built of Chandrajyoti Primary School at Basdole VDC Kavre, dated 8th Asadh till 12th Asash and handover to the school management committee by SOPAN. The school was built in support of Goldengate International College.
At first school above picture was demolished and then build a temporary learning center in the same building using available materials bamboo. The below picture is a new temporary learning center built by SOPAN. During this reconstruction of the school, more than 70 volunteers students volunteers were engaged daily for five days.
An open forum for Youth to discuss contemporary Area and Shared Learning Forum
In order to provide information and create a shared learning environment based on the LIA (Learn to Engage and Initiate) Approach developed by SOPAN as a key approach, SOPAN developed the concept of COFFEE BAR Program where youth themselves select the topic of their interest try to relate with contemporary issues such unemployment, mass poverty, sustainable development on the hand through
Forum since it is also shared learning from for youth they also share their experiences and learning in the forum which is termed as skill transfer session under COFFEE BAR Project which is carried under the leadership of youth only and both facilitator and participants are youth. Further, the COFFEE BAR project is an open project in which SOPAN intends to reach out to both governments, Boarding schools of rural,
urban and semi-urban communities of Nepal. The organization initiated this concept to make youth, adolescents studying in college be
sensitized about the contextual and contemporary issues which have an impact on their community and society and also motivate them to share their innate and gained skills so that they can help other youth like them to be creative, skillful and knowledgeable and sharer which can be established as a sharing and learning cycle among youth and community.
- To create the environment of discussion, being peer educator through sharing skills and knowledge gained by youth to others youths
- To develop the system of skill and knowledge transfer through event based forum where youth will opportunity to explore issue, put their argument be inform about various contemporary issues
- To enhance the public speaking skills and analyze the background and impact of discussed issue as a problem
Major achieved outcomes/results
- The program has provided opportunities to share, learn and engage in organizing and coordinating program
- This is youth led concept by the youth, for the youth and with youth especially
- The participants are aware and informed about contemporary issues and develop key strategy to address issues faced by them and community.
- It has been established as a hub of youth and interested individual to share their knowledge and learn from each other’s in shared learning environment.